VOL. XXXIV

NO. 34

27-MAY-1991

Saudi Arabia

Samarec's Refining Capacity Exceeds 1mn b/d

The Chief Executive Officer of the Saudi Arabian Marketing and RefiningCompany (Samarec), Mr. Hussein Linjawi, has said that Samarec's refiningcapacity is now over 1mn b/d, with exports of refined products running at400,000 b/d - 30% light products, 20% distillates and 50% fuel oil. Some 60% ofproduct exports come from refineries in the Gulf, while the remaining 40% arefrom the Red Sea. Samarec also exports...