Output from the West Qurna-II field in southern Iraq averaged 413,000 b/d in the second quarter of the year. This was a hefty 9% quarter-on-quarter increase, although output in Q1 was considerably lower than previous quarters. West Qurna-II is operated by Russia’s Lukoil with a 75% stake. The remaining 25% is held by the state-owned North Oil Company.

Output over the first half of 2017 averaged 400,000 b/d, against 412,500 b/d in the same period last year. Lukoil attributes the slight...