Middle East Economic Survey

VOL. LI

No 25

23-June-2008

oman

Petrogas/Oman Oil Company Sign Rima Oil Fields Development Contract

Omani oil producer Petrogas and government owned Oman Oil Company (OOC see page x) signed an agreement with Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) on 15 June to develop 18 small oil fields in the Rima area of south Oman. Petrogas will hold 75% and act as the operator, with OOC holding the remaining 25%, and also seconding workers to the operation. The signing represents the...