Middle East Economic Survey

VOL. L

No 3

15-Jan-2007

SAUDI ARABIA

SABIC Forms Polystyrene Joint Venture With Turkeys Baser Petrokemya

Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) has formed a polystyrene joint venture with Baser Petrokemya of Turkey, the company announced on 23 December. SABIC will hold 70% of the new joint venture, with Baser holding the remaining 30%. The new venture will take over all of Basers polystyrene assets in Turkey, including a $22mn Adana-based plant with a production...