AES Wins Contract To Build/Operate $720Mn Ras Laffan Private Power/Water Project
The USs AES announced on 24 May that it had been awarded a contract to build and operate Qatars first independent power/water project at Ras Laffan. The natural gas-fired, combined cycle cogeneration plant will produce 750mw of electricity and 40mn gallons/day of clean water. AES will own a 55% equity interest in the business and assume operating responsibility. The remaining 45%...