No. 39



Japan Indonesia Petroleum Acquires 25% In Abu Al Bukhoosh

Japan Indonesia Petroleum Ltd. announced on 19 June that it had acquired a 25% stake in the Abu Al Bukhoosh oil field in offshore Abu Dhabi from a subsidiary of Amerada Hess Corporation of the US. The remaining 75% in the field is held by Total, operator of the concession. Japan Indonesia Petroleum is owned 50% by Japan National Oil Corporation (JNOC) and 50% by some 25 Japanese oil companies....