British Gas Takes Over Operation Of Shabwa Block No. 9
MEES learns that British Gas, which holds a 66% stake in Yemen's Shabwa BlockNo. 9 (the Malik Block) with the Sharjah-based Crescent Petroleum Companyholding the remaining 34%, has taken over the operation of the 4,728- sq. km.block from Crescent under the terms of the joint venture agreement. MEESunderstands that British Gas plans to drill two commitment wells in the blockduring this year.