Middle East Economic Survey


No 48



Ras Laffan IWPP Project Set For Inauguration

The Amir of Qatar Shaikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani is scheduled to inaugurate the Ras Laffan independent water and power (IWPP) on 29 November. The QR2.6bn ($714mn) facility has a design capacity of 750mw of electricity and 40mn gallons/day of clean water. The project is operated by the Ras Laffan Power Company (RLPC), in which AES of the US holds a 55% stake, with the remaining 45%...